The NBC (NY) Employees FCU is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. We respect your privacy and protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistence with your expectation is a high priority for everyone associated with your Credit Union. We are required by law to provide you with this privacy notice. If after reading this notice you have any questions, please contact us by phone at (212) 332-2610; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or write to: NBC (NY) Employees FCU, 1221 Avenue of the Americas, C2 Level, New York, NY 10020.
What follows is a description of the information we collect and disclose, including the parties who receive nonpublic information from us as we conduct the business of your Credit Union.
Information We Collect About You
We collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is relevant and necessary to provide you with competitive financial products and services — no more.
Information about you is collected from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information obtained when verifying information you provide on an application or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us or with other financial institutions.
- Information we receive from credit-reporting agencies.
As a member, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
How We Use That Information
In order to administer, manage, and service your accounts to provide you with products and services, it is necessary for us to disclose or provide certain information about you to our service providers. These disclosures typically include information to:
- Service or process financial transactions that a member requests or authorizes.
- In response to confirmations or inquires from other financial institutions as you have requested or authorized.
- Follow instructions as you authorize.
- Protect the interest and assets of your Credit Union.
We will share information only to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government or court actions, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
We will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements and that follow strict privacy protection of all shared information. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well being. Under no circumstance will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent. In addition, we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you should decide to terminate your membership with us, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know such information in order to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Your Right to Choose
An important part of maintaining your trust and confidence is by respecting your right to choose not to have nonpublic personal information shared with others. To the extent possible (other than information permitted or required by law), we will honor any member’s request to keep their information from being shared with our business partners. Simply write us a letter stating that you do not wish for us to share your personal information with any business partner we engage with on a voluntary basis. (Please remember to sign your letter.) At least once a year we will remind all members of their right to choose and on how to exercise that choice.
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy
The NBC (NY) EFCU is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, personal identification numbers (PINs) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card; doing so can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Never give out your account numbers, Social Security number or other personal credit information over the phone unless you initiate the call. If someone calls you on behalf of the Credit Union and asks for your account number, hang-up. Official Credit Union staff has access to your account numbers, hence there’s no need to ask for them.
- Tear up or shred receipts, bank statements and unused credit card offers.
- Keep track of your mail. If a statement, bill or check is missing, it is possible that someone may have changed your billing address. Contact that service provider immediately.
- Review your credit report annually! Report mistakes to the credit bureau and correct them.
- Make sure you do business with reputable companies, especially over the Internet.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or other suspicious transactions on your accounts, we will attempt to contact you immediately. Please let us know if your address or home/work/cell phone number changes.
We want you to know that we will take extra care to protect the personal information with which you, our members, entrust to us as diligently as we undertake the protection of your financial security. We are proud to serve you, our financial partner, and endeavor to earn and maintain your ongoing trust as a member-owned financial cooperative, we are committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. We respect your privacy and protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistence with your expectation is a high priority for everyone associated with the NBC (NY) EFCU.
Safeguarding Your Privacy
We will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just relevant information that is necessary to provide you with competitive financial products and services – no more.
We will share information only when absolutely necessary. We will share information only to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, court actions, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of financial products and services.
We will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well being. Under no circumstance will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we have not, nor ever will sell member information to telemarketing firms. We require strict privacy protection of all entities with which we share data.
We will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member may elect to keep their information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of your right to choose.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Access to your personal information is limited to employees and volunteers with a specific business reason for utilizing this data. They are educated about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. If necessary, we take appropriate disciplinary actions to enforce their responsibility to protect your very personal information.
We will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers are protected. Where appropriate, security-coding techniques will be used to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect members’ confidentiality.Go to main navigation